Frequently Asked Questions
1. When can I drink alcohol?
Preferably one year after surgery.
2. When can I exercise?
Low impact exercise can be done 3 weeks post op, weight lifting two months post op
3. When can I sunbathe?
One month after surgery
4. When can I have sexual relations?
Two weeks after surgery
5. When can I do my regular activities?
6. When can I use a body shaper?
7. Is it normal to have acne after surgery?
8. Is it normal that my hair falls after surgery?
9. Can I take vitamins/gummy vitamins?
10. When can I start weight lifting?
11. When can I ride a roller coaster?
12. When can I swim?
13. How long does the stall last?
14. When can I have solid food?
15. When can I get pregnant?
16. When can I get a tanning?
17. Can we use crystal light in pre-op diet?
18. While in pre-op diet can we take our regular medicine?
19. Can you have coffee on the pre-op diet?
20. When can you have coffee after surgery?
21. When can I start working?
22. How long after surgery can I go to my pcp?
23. When after surgery can I start taking vitamins?
24. Can I have the procedure done if I am on my period?
25. If I am on my period can I use the blood thinner?
27. Can I chew gum before and after surgery?
28. What is the boogie size the Dr. uses?
29. Can I have the procedure if I have an ulcer?
30. How do I clean my incisions?
31. What is an endoscopy?
32. Does the endoscopy hurt?
33. Is it normal to feel a pain on the left side of my tummy?
34. Is sneezing pain normal?
36. What can I do if I hit a Stall
37. What are the things we can’t eat after VSG?
38. What vitamins can I take post op?
39. What lab works can I have after post-op?
40. What are the risks of not taking the blood thinner?
41. What can I do for hair loss?
42. How long until you can sleep on your tummy or side?
43. What do I do in case a have a flu after pneumonia?
44. What are the risks of having a VSG?
45. Do I need to crush my pills?
46. Can I use a medical assistant at the airport?
47. How long it takes for swelling to go down after surgery?
48. Is incision draining normal?
49. What can I take for pain?
50. Do you fill out FMLA forms?
51. What are the benefits of having the VSG?
52. Do I need extra money on the trip?
53. Do I need to bring a companion?
54. How long do I have to wear compression socks?
55. Why do I need to stop smoking?
56. What to expect if there’s a complication after surgery during your stay with us?
57. How long before surgery can I take aspirin?
58. What should I ask my pcp to check for me preop?
59. Will Dr. Montano give me a list of labs and things that my pcp will need to monitor postop?
60. What should I do if my sugar goes too low on preop diet?
61. How many oz should I consume after 1 month of surgery?
62. Is sugar free gum ok?
63. what meds can I take for headache after post-op surgery?
64. at what point after surgery can I eat salads?
65. When do you remove the bandages?
66. if my incision over my belly button leaked gunk all night, like a pink color then red, is it normal?
67. Is Tijuana Mexico a safe city?
Are you interested in one of our procedures?
You can fill the application here.